Along with winter we also welcome several skin problems like dryness, paleness, etc. Its the most beautiful time of the year and none of us want to spend it with all these skin issues…
Here are a few things that i do to protect my skin from the cold weather….
- C.T.M (CLEANSE TONE & MOISTURIZE) : No matter what season it is you must always follow the C.T.M mantra to enjoy healthy, clean and glowing skin.
CLEANSING- Its the first step in skincare. In winters, you can limit the number of times you wash your face from 3 times to 2 times and alternatively cleanse your face with cold milk and cotton ball to prevent excessive dryness.
TONING- Always use a mild toner that suits your skin type, instead of one loaded with chemicals. Toning will remove the post-cleansing residual dirt from your face. Toning not only tightens your skin but also prepares it for the moisturizer.
MOISTURIZING- Moisturizing is not just essential for very dry and flaky skin , but regular skin type must indulge in this routine too. If you are not for chemical-laden products, then you could go for any of the natural moisturizers like almond oil or extra virgin olive oil or coconut oil..
2) Keep yourself hydrated- Drink plenty of water since you must keep you body and skin hydrated in the dry weather. One must at least have 7-8 glasses of water everyday. You will instantly notice your skin looking healthy…
3) Slather the sunscreen: It may not be very sunny during winters but the UV rays still manage to peep in through the clouds and harm your skin. Hence, dont find excuses to not wear the sunscreen
4) Face packs you must try : There are so many ingredients around that help your skin look soft and supple.
a) Aloe-vera : Its known for its incredible moisturizing properties. You can use aloe-vera gel as a moisturizer and it will leave your skin looking soft and healthy. You can either use the gel directly from the plant if its available near you or you can invest in an organic gel.
b) Banana Face mask : Mashed ripe banana is a great moisturizing agent. Take 4 to 5 tablespoons of mashed ripe banana and massage it on the face. Rinse it off after 10 minutes and give your face some massage with honey, go in circular motions for that extra moisturizing feel. Do so for at least 10 minutes and finish off with a toner.
5) Invest in a good Lip balm: If you suffer from chapped lips during winter like i do, go ahead and get a good natural lip balm. You also try exfoliating the dead skin with a natural sugar and coconut oil scrub, it’ll leave your lips looking soft and plump…
I hope you all found this post helpful…if there’s anything else you do to take care of your skin in winter do let me know in the comments down below… Thankyou! 🙂